M. K. Theodoratus, Fantasy Writer, blogs about the books she reads--mostly fantasy and mystery authors whose books catch her eye and keep her interest. Nothing so formal as a book review, just chats about what she liked. Theodoratus also mutters about her own writing progress or ... lack of it.

.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Here a List, There a Link: Useful Publishing Information for Authors & Readers


One of the elves from  Website
Okay,
 If you're sick of information about publishing and, especially marketing, you might as well slip off to read another blog.

 Myself? I'm sick of marketing, but I still try. As I save useful articles, I'm collating an anthology of author self-help information. Decided to share one of the more useful lists this time around.

 August Wainwright collected a great list of general writer resources at his blog, titled August Wainwright. The post? The Indie 50 -- The 50 Best Sites for Indie and Self-Published Authors. Wainwright says, "The Indie 50 represents my personal journey, and to those who have created the sites and resources on this list, I can’t thank you enough." 

 Thank you August for your thorough research of useful writer resources. He makes a good point that left me feeling I had egg-on-my-face. I don't think I thank people enough for sharing their expertise enough, says she shuddering. I can just see me taking twice as long to get of LinkedIn because I increase the number of my writing comments.

~~#~~ 

 Guess readers-only who've come this far need a link too. Found a recent blog by Allen Henry at lifehacker, that listed the Five Best Book Recommendations Services. I wasn't surprised to see Goodreads at the top of the list. This list is a double-edged tool. Check the site for lots of reviews to find interesting book to read and listings to market your own books too.

~~#~~ 

by Andrew Langhoft Photography

 That's the title of the guest blog I did for Anne Johbsone at Jester Harley's Manuscript Page. If you want to know what I've accomplished over my writing life, give it a look.  I've seen lots of changes in the publishing world.

 Why not like her on Facebook and Twitter? You'll get a variety of opinions from following her blog too.

2 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Ohhhh...more to keep me from writing... ;O(

Unknown said...

Mac, I'll repeat what I said when my critique group was groaning about marketing their books: I try to spend an hour a day on it.

Then, I laughed.