M. K. Theodoratus, Fantasy Writer, blogs about the books she reads--mostly fantasy and mystery authors whose books catch her eye and keep her interest. Nothing so formal as a book review, just chats about what she liked. Theodoratus also mutters about her own writing progress or ... lack of it.

.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

$(&^%@_*) Ending

Not doing much.  Still staring at my ending of Emma.  Maybe writing 250 words a day, if I'm lucky.  I'm not writing here until I get an end on the thing.


Unfortunately, Maren keeps intruding.


Addenda.  We did the errands.  Warm tortillas and Greek-made feta.  Yummy.  Yummy.  Is that a symbol for our family?


Reading:  Not.  I've been watching last year's Castle episodes, my Christmas present.  I think my oldest daughter will get it for Christmas viewing.  On loan.  I'll share, but I want it back.


Surprised the TV watching can be useful to writing.  It's all in the hooks ... which I can't seem to find in my own writing.  Anyway, a hook before commercials prevents the viewers Straying.

2 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Kay -- I follow a blog called Zen Habits, and I just read a post there called The Rules of Action that seems perfect for writers. If you want to check it out and see if it helps, go to http://zenhabits.net

At the bottom of the page click on the link "see all posts." Then look for The Rules of Action.

I love the tone and topics of your blog posts, by the way. I think we need to start promoting you a little more (if you're ready).

Unknown said...

Thank you kind ma'm. Anytime. I get tired of thinking the only one reading is me when I proof-read.