M. K. Theodoratus, Fantasy Writer, blogs about the books she reads--mostly fantasy and mystery authors whose books catch her eye and keep her interest. Nothing so formal as a book review, just chats about what she liked. Theodoratus also mutters about her own writing progress or ... lack of it.

.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saving Energy for Your Writing

Energy levels as well as time influence how much writing we get done. 

So how do you conserve your marketing energies when the marketing fires burn low. Rusty Fischer at Zombies Don't Blog offered five tips on overcoming marketing fatigue. Check it out to see if any of them inspire you.

One way to conserve energy is to recycle ... even in the writing world. Had a duh-moment when I visited Julie Issac's blog The Writing Spirit. The gem? How to Quickly and Easily Increase Your Blog's Alexa Rating.  The duh? Her first point was: Repost old blog posts. Another idea: experiment with titles. 

Now, I don't know what an Alexa rating is, but I assume they're a competitor with Klout. I'm not even sure I care that much. Still, I gives me an opportunity to use some of the stuff I wrote. Yeah, I hate to see things go to waste ... unless it's food I don't like.

Roni Loren at Fiction Groupie wrote a companion blog to her blog on blogging. Setting up a writer's program: The Slow Writer's Reform School on speeding up your writing speed. How does that influence conserving writing energy? Maybe, getting more bang for each hour spent?

Now, all I have to do is take my own advice:

I'll thank you in advance if you like it.
I'll thank you more if you can give me instructions on how to improve the page.
Sometimes, being a computer klutz isn't adaptive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered the same thing: how to make my FB page look better. There don't seem to be many options, unlike a blog.
Write1Sub1 Reloaded

Unknown said...

I think part of the problem is the way Facebook does things.

Whatever, I'm think I'm eventually going to have to take a class on setting stuff up. So far, all the stuff has been a general social media classes. I won't even mention time.

Margo Berendsen said...

I will definitely check out your links. I am a very slow writer and very easily distracted! Writing a blog entry takes me a long time, too. Here's another link I found recently for increasing your writing speed... some good ideas but maybe a little extreme? http://thisblogisaploy.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-i-went-from-writing-2000-words-day.html

Unknown said...

Margo: I'm planning to revisit that blog after my NaNoWriMo thumbs have recovered from the baking.

Frankly, I push, but I think I'm doomed to be a slow writer. Too many distractions.