M. K. Theodoratus, Fantasy Writer, blogs about the books she reads--mostly fantasy and mystery authors whose books catch her eye and keep her interest. Nothing so formal as a book review, just chats about what she liked. Theodoratus also mutters about her own writing progress or ... lack of it.

.

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Pause That Annoys

The book trailer saga complicated itself again.  Thought I had all the pieces together so that I could start on the thing so it'd be ready to to place it just before the novella is published.  1)  The publisher hasn't gotten back to me with answers on book cover and publication date.  2) The artist wants royalties.

Simple enough on the face of it, but it just means more work.

I want to write.

In the meantime, I'm editing "Dark Solstice", yet again.  About half done.  I've delete some verbiage that slowed down a couple scenes.  Bottom line:  It pays to let a manuscript lay between revisions.  You notice the clinkers better.

Now, since I don't have any emergencies screaming to be solved, I'm going to read blogs.  I may even leave some comments here and there.
Post a Comment