M. K. Theodoratus, Fantasy Writer, blogs about the books she reads--mostly fantasy and mystery authors whose books catch her eye and keep her interest. Nothing so formal as a book review, just chats about what she liked. Theodoratus also mutters about her own writing progress or ... lack of it.

.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Writer Rip-Offs and More Pleasant Topics

So ... you've written your book The edits are done.  What's going to happen next?  Chances are you you're going to get ripped off -- one way or another. And no. It's just not my permission saying so.

The IndieReader posted a guest blog by Coral Russell: Ripping Off Authors: Let Us Count the Ways.

End of Public Announcement.

###
 
Think I'm neck deep in edits for There Be Demons
My tongue is sticking out
My face is turning blue
Visit my website http://bit.ly/WBnYOU

Was surprised when that rhymed. Don't think of myself as a poet though I've been known to write Bad Haiku on occasion.Even have a draft of a novel hidden in my laptop ... if it got transferred. I'm finding some stuff didn't in spite of the sales person's promises.

Have some "guilty pleasures" I want to blog about ... but the next week has my nose to the grindstone. [Do you think it'll get smaller? Maybe neat and dainty. .... Nah.]

Am posting this so people will know where I'm hiding the coming week. Somehow I've got 20 chapters to edit. Don't think I'm going to do it. 

Maybe it's a good thing I don't have an agent.
They'd starve if they depended on me to eat and pay the rent, etc.

 

No comments: